Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Dali Krab Day Poem By Darbog Fluglesnarg

A Dali Krab Day Poem
By Darbog Fluglesnarg, 5th grade, Mrs. Sternlooke's Class

Oh Krab, krap, krab! I stubbed my toe upon the bedpost of life.
It was dark.

Where are the band-aids?

I want but for pickled herring and goat cheese,

For breakfast is nigh.

My leisure suit from JC Penney's is pressed, and ready. But I'm eating in ...tonight to save on money for my new geraniums. They always make you smell plant-like when you brush against them. That and rosemary,

To ward off evil.

The mighty refrigerator yields nothing but old cabbage, and the wristwatch I lost in the 20th century.

Frozen, but they still work.

As I write this, I think of cotton salami sandwiches, but there are none. So I look at frozen burritos, and get no response.

They know. I don't know how, but they do.

I think they still like me fine.

We have a nice rapport.

I don't dare look out the window for an answer for I might be sued.
Looks are everything, and bad hair can be dangerous. Especially in the wrong hands.

A...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate